Saturday, June 11, 2011

Allow me to introduce myself.

I am Sir9, pleased to meet you. I'm a rigid, steel, Niner mountain bike and I'm about to embark on an exciting adventure!

The task at hand is to 'Make it Snappy!' and try to better the singlespeed record for the Freedom Challenge. My engine/pilot, Skinny Legs, thinks he can go a bit faster and thanks to Snapper Display and a few other sponsors, (more about them later) he's been given the chance to do just that.

I'm still getting dressed up for the big event and Skinny Legs has been building me up with various components, trying to make things more comforfortable for himself and ensure a smooth and trouble free journey.

He seems to know what he's doing (since he's done it before) but I'm not convinced.....for instance, he's decided to leave the spare tyre behind in favour of an extra layer of clothing! Sure, it's going to be cold but my warm, soulful steel frame can handle a bit of cold! What happens though when when we shred a tyre in the middle of nowhere and can''t get a spare? He says he has a plan - guess I'll just have to hope we don't need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment